Lee J. Avital
EDUCATION Rochester Institute of Technology
B.S. in Computer Science, expected May 2015
Minor in Music and Technology
Dean’s List: Fall 2011 - Present
Personal Website http://leeavital.com
- Github https://github.com/leeavital
Datadog October 2018 - January 2022
October 2022 - Present, Engineering Manager managed a group of 14, responsible for both Datadog’s cloud-centric and datacenter-centric network monitoring products.
- January 2019 - October 2022, Engineering Team Lead led a team of between 4 and 10, responsible for Datadog’s Network Performance Monitoring product.
- October 2018 - January 2019, Software Engineer contributed to Datadog’s Network Performance Monitoring product, responsible for building and operating a backend for processing tens of thousdands of hosts worth of Network traffic.
Palantir Technologies June 2015 - October 2018
Contributed to the first vesion of Palantir Apollo – a continuous delivery system responsible for automatically, continuously upgrading services then deployed in over 100 isolated customer environments.
- Contributed to a distributed registry used to provide a organization, authorization, and search for different projects.
- Contributed to a federated authentication and authorization service used widely across the company.
Rochester Institute of Technology January 2015 - May 2015
MLton Undergraduate Infrastructure Support
Instrumented the LLVM backend of the MLton Standard ML compiler to look for bugs.
Twitter August 2014 - December 2014
Software Engineer Intern
Designed and implemented infrastructure for a new type of ad targeting.
- Implemented the ability to preview mobile ads in a web browser when setting up an ad campaign.
Drawbridge May 2014 - August 2014
Platform Intern, KPCB Engineering Fellow
Developed a prototype for moving payments processing away from a monolithic batch involving MySQL to a more scalable Kafka approach.
- Built an internal tool for monitoring application-level metrics.
Massdrop Inc. May 2013 - September 2013
Engineer Intern, Full Stack
National Technical Institute for the Deaf at RIT May 2012 - May 2013
Web Applications Programmer, Full Stack
This document was translated from LATEX by