Lee J. Avital
EDUCATION Rochester Institute of Technology
B.S. in Computer Science, expected May 2015
Minor in Music and Technology
Dean’s List: Fall 2011 - Present
Personal Website http://leeavital.com
- Github https://github.com/leeavital
Datadog October 2018 - January 2020
Contributed features and fixes to the live processes and live containers product.
- Prototyped and then productionized parts of the nascent network performance monitoring product,
primarily backend systems responsible for tagging and aggregating
network flow data.
Palantir Technologies June 2015 - October 2018
Contributed to a delivery system responsible for automatically, continuously upgrading services deployed in over 100 isolated customer environments.
- Contributed to a distributed registry used to provide a organization, authorization, and search for different projects.
- Contributed to a federated authentication and authorization service used widely across the company.
Rochester Institute of Technology January 2015 - May 2015
MLton Undergraduate Infrastructure Support
Instrumented the LLVM backend of the MLton Standard ML compiler to look for bugs.
Twitter August 2014 - December 2014
Software Engineer Intern
Designed and implemented infrastructure for a new type of ad targeting.
- Implemented the ability to preview mobile ads in a web browser when setting up an ad campaign.
Drawbridge May 2014 - August 2014
Platform Intern, KPCB Engineering Fellow
Developed a prototype for moving payments processing away from a monolithic batch involving MySQL to a more scalable Kafka approach.
- Built an internal tool for monitoring application-level metrics.
Massdrop Inc. May 2013 - September 2013
Built new interfaces from the ground up to aid in user education and engagement.
- Built an internal tool to manage site content and keep track of active shipments.
- Assisted redesigning/refactoring site architecture.
National Technical Institute for the Deaf at RIT May 2012 - May 2013
Web Applications Programmer
Built a file repository applications for instructors and students to manage their course content.
- Maintained several legacy applications in ASP classic including an online sign language dictionary.
This document was translated from LATEX by